Mobile Memory Lab
The Mobile Memory Lab is a traveling collection of equipment that allows you to capture, record, and preserve important parts of your personal history.
- Starting Monday, May 10th the full Mobile Memory Lab will be available to use at Bainbridge.
- Starting Monday, May 10th the video Mobile Memory Lab will be available to use at Middlefield.
- The photo Mobile Memory Lab will be at the Administrative Center.
On Monday – Friday, there will be three two-hour sessions per day at 9 a.m., noon, and 3 p.m., with one hour in between each to clean and sanitize the equipment. On Saturdays, there will be sessions at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., with the same cleaning and sanitizing schedule. The Bainbridge Branch is taking appointments.
To use the Mobile Memory Lab, patrons must attend or have attended a Mobile Memory Lab (MML) orientation session and signed the user agreement upon completion of the orientation. Be sure to check our calendar for Orientation dates and times.
In addition to the full-service MML, we also offer two mini MMLs, with two-hour sessions for each. As with the full-service MML, community members must complete an orientation to use the mini MMLs. Community members who have not completed an orientation can schedule one here.
The photo mini MML will be housed at our Administrative Center. It features a flatbed scanner, fast photo scanner, slide/negative scanner, and photo editing software. Sessions will last for two hours and will be held at 9 a.m., noon, and 2:45 p.m. Monday – Friday.
The video mini MML will be housed at GCPL’s Middlefield Branch. It features an 8mm film scanner, VHS digitizer, and video editing software. Sessions will last for two hours and will be held at 9 a.m., noon, 3 p.m., and 5:45 p.m. Monday – Thursday, and 9 a.m., noon, and 3 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
What GCPL’s Mobile Memory Lab can digitize:
- Vinyl (33 1/3 rpm, 45 rpm, 78 rpm)
- Audio Cassettes
- VHS tapes
- VHS-C (With an adapter that can be used in the VHS player.)
- 8mmfilm and Super 8 film.
- Large format film
- Photos and documents as large as 8 x 11 inches