The Mission of the GCLF is to support and enhance the mission of the GCPL through philanthropy and community engagement.
The Vision of the GCLF is a library system that fosters an informed, engaged, and connected community.
The Geauga County Library Foundation was created to inspire library programs and service by providing assistance to the Geauga County Public Library and to ensure that our public library system will continue to meet the present needs of our community, as well as grow to meet future challenges.
GCLF News and Events
Join the Geauga County Library Foundation for its annual Mini-Golf at the Library Fundraiser where an 18-hole course is set up throughout the entire Geauga West Library for the day! Kids and kids of all ages are invited to play mini-golf for a $5 per person donation. Free face painting, balloon animals, and more family-friendly activities are included.
Sponsor a hole or donate to our prize auction!
When: Sunday March 8, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Where: Geauga West Library
13455 Chillicothe Road
Call Becki at (440) 286-6811 ext. 2533 or email@example.com
Because of your support, in 2019 the Geauga County Library Foundation was able to:
…encourage families to read to their infants and engage with the library through Baby’s First Book distribution at UH Geauga Labor & Delivery and the Middlefield Care Center.
…help establish daily reading habits for preschoolers, setting them up for success in school through the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program.
…allow every kindergartener in the county access to information at the library by inviting them to get their first library cards through the Books & Bears partnership with our local schools.
…provide free, educational, family-friendly events to our residents such as the Jim Gill music and play concert and the Northcoast Writers Showcase.
…initiate community conversations about social issues through the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Annual Commemoration event.
…celebrate the love of reading and engage adult patrons with the library through the 100 Book Challenge.
…inspire library staff by contributing to initiatives that promote excellent service and professional development.
Ways to Support GCLF
Chartered in 1989 as a non-profit corporation in the State of Ohio, the Foundation has tax exempt status under Sec. 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Foundation Star Donors
The Foundation offers two levels of donor support. The annual membership is $100 for an individual and $150 for a couple and covers a membership period of January 1 through December 31. The Partners for Life level is $1,500 for an individual and $2,000 for a couple.
Gifts to the Foundation
- Contributions become a part of the endowment fund whose income and principal will be directed by the Geauga County Library Foundation Executive Board of Trustees.
- Gifts to the Foundation can come in various forms including:
- unrestricted gifts: gifts of cash or securities for flexible purposes
- memorial gifts: contributions given in memory of a family member or friend
- deferred gifts: gifts through bequests, life insurance annuities and trusts
- restricted gifts: gifts given for a specific and limited purpose
- gifts in-kind: gifts of equipment, land, or services useful to the library
- matching gifts: many employers will match an employee’s gift on a one-to-one basis
- corporate grants
- life insurance policies which are no longer needed
- long-term appreciating property gifts
- bequests or a legacy to the Foundation through a will
- testamentary and living trusts
Board of Directors
The Geauga County Library Foundation is governed by a board of trustees. All funds received by the Foundation are guided by the trustees and are to be used to benefit the Geauga County Public Libraries.
We would like to thank the current Geauga County Library Foundation Board for their dedication to the Library Foundation:
- Cathy Leary, President
- Erwin Leffel, Vice President
- Barb Reynolds, Secretary
- Bill Jackson, Treasurer
- Kathryn Pitrone – GCPL Trustee Liaison
- Meredith Cores
- Jan Fitts
- Mark Hamilton
- Cas McBride
- Sue Subel
- Robert Toth
If you would like more information about making a donation or including the Foundation in your estate planning, please contact the Executive Director Becki Gierman at 440-286-6811, ext. 2533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org